Zac Herman

17.7.11

Dream 1


I’m at a train station, large, must be in China because everyone is speaking Chinese. Have bought a few small gifts, business card size, carrying them around with me, going upstairs by escalator.
-
There’s more before that…can’t remember yet.
-
Walking around station gift shop a large open store, I tell a few employees “I’ve bought these already, receipt in my pocket,” I think I’m waiting for my wife to arrive by train, waiting and walking around, only reason I guess that because I bought some small gifts, maybe cards or something on paper for her. Station surrounded by open field short green grass made bright by countryside sunlight bordered by dense dark green woods stretching on indefinitely into the distance, guess I’m outside the city.There are some other people here that don’t know Chinese, though they look Asian, as I go down the escalator I hear a very Chinese looking man sitting in a folding metal chair poor posture, loud and laughing; white tank top, big pot belly, shorts, tell another Asian person (Western features, better groomed) his train and gate information. Doesn’t seem to understand, helpless confused look on his face, looks toward me from top of escalator as I go down me and another person shout “gate 22” to him to translate the Chinese, that’s all I understood, the number 22 门二十二 I hold up two fingers with my left hand and two fingers with my right before the escalator takes me down and out of sight. Person next to me Chinese, also knows English, says people here are talking about me, about the red hair person who knows Chinese.
-
There are no trains at the station. It’s sunny, clear countryside in the distance; a shady, airy, warm station.
-
Something happened before all this but I can’t pull it from my memory.
-
There’s nothing I recognize as being familiar.

-Zac Herman Chùm truyện ngắn của Zac Herman tuoitre.vn 

No comments:

Post a Comment