Zac Herman

21.12.10

St. Joseph's Cathedral-Nhà Thờ Lớn

Despite having lived in Hanoi for just over a year, there are many popular sites around the city I have yet to behold. I decided to change that recently and, when I can find the time, park my motorbike on Tràng Tiền street and set out on foot to explore downtown Hanoi. Over the next week or so, I'd like to share some of the places I can finally check off my "must-see/visit/experience" list. Although for most people, even those who have traveled only briefly to Hanoi, this is nothing new, but for me it is yet another way I've found to connect with my second home. 

In the long and progressive process of integration into and (ideally) harmony with one's environment, I believe that comprehensive knowledge, direct experience and ultimately enthusiastic participation in one's surroundings is the gateway to understanding. 

And with that, I leave you with my first stop; St. Joseph's Cathedral or "Nhà Thờ Lớn" located in Hoàn Kiếm district, a stone's throw from the lake, in a crowded little neighborhood with an Old Quarter feel.








No comments:

Post a Comment